October: Go the Distance

Sep 16, 2010

Pain

Braces hurt.

A lot. Not only do you have general mouth and jaw pain from the fact that your teeth are moving around in there, you also have the metal rubbing on your lips. Yeah, I know that’s what the wax is for but that stuff is more trouble than it’s worth.

My teeth better be perfect after this!

Okay, now that I’m done complaining, I’ll put on a smile (metaphorically, because smiling makes my lips rub on metal even more) and tell you about my day.

I woke up at 6 AM, right on schedule, got dressed and went out for a workout with Danielle. We were both pretty tired to we walked the whole way. Tomorrow, though, we plan on doing mostly jogging to make up for it. One thing I have noticed about walking outside, as opposed to on a treadmill, is that it doesn’t FEEL as long.

On the treadmill, I’d be done in 20 minutes. Outside with Danielle, we’re out there for 45 minutes and it barely seems like it. I think it is a combination of scenery and conversation.

When I got home I had a green (purple) smoothie. For lunch, I had more smoothie, and after lunch I had even more smoothie. Then, I tried to eat some cabbage soup that my mom made, and it hurt! Just chewing the tender cabbage. So I finished my evening off with another smoothie and called it good.

Maybe tomorrow I can tackle some solid foods again.

Getting up bright and early again tomorrow, so I should be going!

On a completely unrelated note:

Do you believe in ghosts?

2 comments:

  1. Nope, I believe in nothing supernatural. Not even God. I'm a black and white kinda girl :)

    ReplyDelete