October: Go the Distance

Sep 1, 2010

Nothing Special

These last couple days I haven't encountered anything that just WOWed me.

I have been having a lot of smoothies for breakfast and to take with me to work.

I absolutely love putting greens in smoothies. I also started calling them "Green Monsters" after stumbling upon this.
Also, the woman who created the green monster has another blog, here, that I highly recommend you check out.


I haven't mentioned this yet, but I work at a pizza shop. The other night, I took a bag of Daiya vegan mozzarella and used that on my pizza.
It was good!
I've noticed that vegan cheese [particularly Daiya brand] is a lot stickier than normal cheese, but tastes cheesy all the same!



Yesterday, I also made Carrot Ginger Soup from La Dolce Vegan.
The flavor was really good. Mom liked it too.
The only thing... It had the consistency of baby food or applesauce. Perhaps I did something wrong, or perhaps that is how it is supposed to be. I don't know.
My grade out of 5 stars: 3.7




Also, those dark green things next to my carrot soup?
Kale chips!
I coated them in oil, sprinkled with salt and True Lime, and stuck em in the oven for about 10 minutes.
They were SO addicting. I ate nearly an entire bunch of kale in chip form. Speaking of which, I'm going to go get the few that I saved for leftovers. That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. aww I love Angela's blog- she has such amazing recipes! I call my green smoothies green goddesses :D
    The soup looks great! Maybe I like baby food?!
    So do the kale chips, which I have never been able to make without burning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up adding just a little bit more vegetable broth to the soup to make the consistency more appealing and now its just about perfect :)

    And those kale chips are tricky! I did end up burning a lot of the smaller pieces, and I think the fact that I had so many that were still edible was mostly luck XD

    ReplyDelete